- 1. Go to the Download page and select the version you want to install. Then, launch the installer to begin installation.
Most of the assets for 7KAA is provided through the GPLv2 License. With the GPLv2 you have:
- the freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
- the freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish.
- the freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
- the freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others, providing you keep the same GPLv2 license terms in the copies you distribute.
However, the music is not GPL or public domain. The music may not be modified or re-recorded. The music author allows the music tracks may be freely provided with the game, and granted no other rights.
Select Components to Install
- You may choose to install the music or not. It is 49.3 MB.
- OpenAL is a cross-platform audio application programming interface. It is not necessary to install if you already have an equivalent driver, such as DirectX Audio, etc.
- Start Menu Shortcuts
- You may choose to install start menu shortcuts or not. Regardless, a desktop shortcut will be installed.
At this portion, you may choose folder options, such as:
- choosing the destination folder for install.
- choosing start menu folder or name, and if you still want to install the start menu shortcuts.
Launch 7kaa.exe to begin playing 7kaa. If you chose to install the start menu shortcuts in Seven Kingdoms AA or a folder of your choosing, you may also start 7kaa from there.
Keep an eye on the Experimental Builds thread on the forums for announcements regarding updated Windows binaries. These development releases tend to have bug fixes or additional features. Or visit the Download page to see if an update has been released.
Rename "7kaa.exe" to "7k.exe" in order to make it work with GameRanger After you renamed the file, go to GameRanger-Options-Game and select location of the "7k.exe"